Sunday, November 23, 2008

My workspace

Going from a full basement and a garage down to just one small garage really limits the amount of space I have to work, but hey at least my workspace is now set up.Above is my sorry excuse for a workbench, which I found thrown out with someone's trash. I removed the busted wheels and believe it or not this old butcher block is very study. Both my TV175 S.3 engines rest their heads on it.
Seeing as I am completely new to Lammy's I do not know how complete the engine is.  The cases were opened when I got it.  The case that is clean needs a weld job.  I just found that out today and am bummed about it.  A post to follow on this.
This TV175 S.3 engine is quite complete I hope.  The piston is still installed and I have no idea if these cases have ever been split.  I also do not know if these cases are cracked any where, since they are caked in crud.

Above is the original TV175 top-end for the piston pictured above.  The crank belongs with the other engine up top.  I am so hopeful that I have an easy rebuild with these engines.  One will be mod'd and installed in the bike and the other will be rebuilt 100% stock to manufacturer's spec and I hope to find a TV frame or body to install it into some day in the future.

No comments: