Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Is this my TV?

Take a look at the photo in the top right corner of the white TV with red seat (sorry I could not download the actual pix and post it larger). . . I suspect that that is my scooter.

When you own things older than you, such as a house or car or scooter, etc. it's neat to learn the history of your old love. I aim to do all I can to learn more about the history of my wife's SS180 and my TV.

All I know, thus far, is that the TV was imported from Italy by Scooters O in NJ. There are two "Radio Spoleto International" stickers on the leg shield so I can only assume it spent part of its life in there. (Sorry I need to take a better macro pix of stickers and rotate the photo by 90 degrees right).

Stu Werner bought it from Scooters O and then due to lack of storage, disassembled it and stored it in the rafters above his garage. The front disc brake was used on one of his ESRA team's race bikes and I suspect other odds and ends were used as well. A couple items on my TV are not original to this specific bike and Stu pointed those out to me, but for the grand majority of the bike is original.

Next time I see Stu I aim to ask him more questions about the history of this bike or at least learn when he bought it and what the experience was like and what was the condition of the bike. More to follow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats a SX200 that we restored in the top right hand corner of our web page. If you want to knowmore history of your TV contact me at Scooters Originali - Andrea

Scooter Couple said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scooter Couple said...

Andrea,

Excellent. I noticed, only recently, that the pictured scoot has chrome flashes on the cowls that my TV does not have as it is a 1962. Also, the two TV engines I have do not share the same number on the Scooters O sticker with frame and engine #s.

I am writing you right now. I am so excited that you commented here. Thank you!

Jeremy