Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Li vs TV Forks?

When Stu sold me the TV he showed me how his machinist destroyed the original TV forks (as noted in my earliest posts) and he told me that the only difference between his Li forks and the TV was the shock mounts, which he has his welder (a hot rod guy) weld on correctly and I received the Li forks. The idea being that no one would know the difference, not even an anorak with a ruler.

Then it hit me, would my TV fork links work with Li forks? Crap! So I emailed Mike A. and asked him if there would be a difference for the fork links. This is what he said:

"Jem Booth listed all the head tube length diffrences between forks. In theory they should be the same for S3 chrome ring bikes but in reality they can be difrent. The info is posted on the LCGB and LCUSA, but I don't have the links handy. You will have to measure the 2 forks and see if they are the same. The use which ever one fits your frame best." - Mike

I emailed Stu and asked him to measure the TV fork and I will measure the Li one. Then compare using what Jem Booth posted.

No comments: