Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tool Chest

As a kid I was not exposed to working on scooters, motorcycles, or cars.  However I did work on my BMXs, mountain bikes, and skateboards, etc.  I want to make sure that things are different for my son and he grows up with an appreciation for a clean and organized workshop and a love of scooters . . . so I am starting him young and sadly old for myself.

My dad has some basic tools and a decent work bench, but I recognize I need more.  I just bought the Craftsman tool chest (40%+ off) and will slowly fill it with new nice tools to lay along side my current tools.  No more 5 gallon buckets to hold my tools.  And some day, my son will inherit a scoot from mom and dad and workshop tools to boot.

2 comments:

Paul said...

I look forward to seeing your progress and reading your advice. Today I'm beginning a restoration of my 1963 Li 125 and I don't have a clue as to where to begin! I'll be checking back often.

Scooter Couple said...

Happy New Years Paul.

The very first thing to note is I am a novice, not sure I am in a position for offering great advice other than to tell you where to go for great advice :)

Here's where to start:
1) Immediately go to www.lambretta.org and join the LCUSA for $25 for the year. Send your payment via PayPal. You get a discount at the stores and this USA Lambretta Club will be your most important resource.
2) With you LCUSA discount buy "Lambretta Slimline Scooters" by Marting Sticky Round. VERY very IMPORTANT!!
3) Ask LCUSA who/where your local club is so you can gain Lambretta support locally.

That will get you started.

And if you plan to use an elec. ignition, please consider selling me your stator/flywheel :)

Also, it may be worth your time perusing:
www.vesparestoration.blogspot.com
to get a good idea of what you are getting yourself into.

I'm here to offer help in any way I can. Don't be a stranger.

Jeremy