Sunday, February 20, 2011

Big Bore Exhaust

When I first bought the bike I planned to use a DeanSpeed 190 along with a GP Big Bore pipe. The scoot had no pipe nor carb so I figured if I was going to buy these items anyways I might as well mildly tune it for enjoyable riding. Seeing as I slow to restore, due to cash and time, advances have been made in the top-end options and those advances are beyond my wallet at this time, so I plan to run my bike much closer to stock. It will be treated as a rider as opposed to a museum relic.With that said, I opted to put a budget-friendly Big Bore pipe on it. I was very close to buying the recently-released-again Tutto pipe and honoring the stock TV for a truer purer restore. But at $230 plus for the Tutto and $130 for the AF Rayspeed/KBA/Uni and a mild power adjustment I opted for the Uni. I'd like this bike to leave my garage a couple days per week if possible.

Thanks for the birthday gift mom and dad.

No comments: