Friday, January 9, 2009

Disc Brake


The only part to the disc brake I have is the backplate pictured here. I will be hard to find replacement parts for it so I am hunting down a complete kit. It won't be cheap. When I bought the bike Stu told me to expect $400 to replace. I did meet a guy named Paul, while in Portland, Oregon for the holidays, who sold me a carb and had the complete disc assembly pictured below.I am in the process of trying to find someone who will sell their complete front disc brake assembly.

2 comments:

Tom Lutzenberger said...

Just a heads up, I snagged one on ebay today for $460 complete w links. So your price quote is pretty accurate.

T

Scooter Couple said...

Thx Tom. I bought it for $462, which included $12 in shipping. Two FAG sealed bearings brand new in the box were included. I am happy with the price. It could have been a lot worse. It's not an easy part to find. Congrats for finding your's.